Thursday, April 26, 2012

Who am I?

I guess we are all a lot of things.  Some of us are husbands, some wives.  All of us are sons or daughters. Some are dads or moms, others of us are not.  Some of us are electricians, teachers, full-time moms, salesmen, or office workers.  I am a son (to Bobby & Susan Hornsby) and a husband (to the beautiful Aleicia Hornsby).  I also happen to be an attorney, or a lawyer, whichever label you prefer.  But no matter what we do for a living, we are human beings, complete with thoughts and opinions on things significant and insignificant.  Hence the existence of the Blog, I guess.  This is my first blog, and the idea of blogging kinda scares me.  While public speaking and falling off of tall buildings tend to be the most popular fears, most of us are equally afraid of being boring...of being totally incapable of captivating someone's interest and then keeping it for any duration of time. 

I hope that I can use this blog, for as long as it lasts, to do 2 things.  First, to provide insight into the legal areas that touch all of our lives, and hopefully point folks in the right direction as to how to treat certain legal obstacles or events.  Second, to conquer my fear of boring the reader so much that I quickly become the only person reading Slam The Gavel.  Given the subject matter of this blog, those two goals may not be compatible, however we will try.  In an effort to ease my burden, for every serious discussion on a legal aspect or Supreme Court decision, there will probably be multiple blogs on general news stories, such as the latest tribulations of Octomom, sports thoughts such as the struggles of Albert Pujols at the plate, and my suggestions of great books or TV shows, because don't we all love being told what to read and watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment